Development Engineer – BillerudKorsnäs Gruvön
Are you team player with an analytical mind-set and seek an opportunity to develop, both yourself and BillerudKorsnäs products? In that case, we have an exciting position for you! We are currently seeking a Development Engineer for a temporary position in our Product Development Liquid Packaging Board team.
As Development Engineer in the organization of Product Development Liquid Packaging Board, your main tasks will be to initiate, lead and take part in internal and external development projects. You will have an active role in the business areas and the product development teams work to develop new packaging materials and solutions. Among other tasks, this work includes:
- To perform technical prestudies
- To participate in tests in lab scale, as well as on our board machines.
- To evaluate new technical solutions with regard to product quality, operating and commercial economy, technical and environmental aspects and propose modifications of our products and processes to further increase customer value and profitability.
You will be part of a committed team and report to Senior Manager Product Development LPB. This is a temporary position, located at Gruvön mill, approx. 25 kilometers outside Karlstad. Business travelling is expected.
- A MSc. degree in engineering, e.g. chemical, materials, physicals or mechanical engineering and/or several years’ of relevant work experience in the paper industry, possibly in research and development at a university, research institute or in industry.
- High technical understanding and analytical handling of large test data sets where you have the ability to turn theory into practice and describe practical problems in theoretical terms, with a commercial mind set.
- Work experience from the paper and pulp industry, or similar process industry is a merit.
- Good communication skills in English and Swedish, both written and spoken.
To work as a Development Engineer in our organization, you need to be a self-driven and a structured problem solver with the ability to tackle complex problems, theoretical or practical. You are curious about, and interested in developing new and improved packaging solutions. We are looking for someone who wants to work in a large network, both internally and externally, so it is important that you find it easy to collaborate and build relationships. To be successful in this position, you have the ability to share your knowledge and results in a way that is designed for your target audience.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to challenge the conventional for a sustainable future in collaboration with many different colleagues and professionals within the company.
- A flexible work with a great freedom to explore and find new opportunities, where every day offers new challenges.
- The opportunity to broaden or deepen your competence in various technical areas and processes.
- To develop, together with others.
If you would like to find out more about this position, contact Mats Häggquist - Senior Manager Product Development LPB on +46707951382 or by email Mats.Haggquist@billerudkorsnas.com
Welcome with your application no later than August 16. During the summer period, there may be longer response times than normal.
BillerudKorsnäs is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. We use psychological tests as part of our selection process.
WHAT IF you could go to work and help create a sustainable future? As a leading supplier of renewable packaging materials and solutions it is our way of challenging ourselves, our customers and all kinds of conventional packaging to promote a sustainable future. Safety is our first priority and we have an informal and improvement-focused corporate culture that encourages every employee to put the customer first, dare to innovate, lead the change and take care of each other. BillerudKorsnäs is an international company with local roots, and with strong focus on growth and development. Do you want to grow together with us and challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future?